Well, hello there! We’ve made it around to another Monday and, as always, my mind is already on the weekend. In last week’s blog, I highlighted our new pool which you should definitely check out if you haven’t already. This week, I’d like to continue on with our Whirl Win World Tour. So far, we’ve covered London, Madrid and Rome, and now we’re moving east to Beijing!
Like most of the other cities I’ve covered, I really only know a couple of basic things about Beijing. They speak Mandarin and chopsticks are their main utensils (when I said basic, I meant really basic). Those two things don’t even begin to scratch the surface of what Beijing is all about. They are very rich in historical, government, and cultural institutes. Below are a few of the fascinating facts I learned about Beijing while researching this intriguing city.
• Peking Opera is very popular here. It is a form of traditional Chinese theatre which combines music, vocal performance, mime, dance and acrobatics. It has come to be regarded as one of the cultural treasures of China.
• Sharing is caring! When dining out in Beijing, expect to order a variety of dishes that will be placed in the center of the table. Chinese people see dining as a social pastime to enjoy with friends and family.
• The population is a little over 20 million in Beijing alone!
• The Great Wall is located here as well as the Forbidden City (this was the home of the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties).
• Beijing is known as the “bike capital of the world.” Bikes have their own lanes on roadways. Now, let’s switch gears to WinStar’s city!
Now, let’s switch gears to WinStar’s city!
• Mist, our exclusive night club, is located here.
• There are eight dragons each made with thousands of tiny crystals. They are protecting a pair of crystal flaming pearls representing luck in Asian culture.
• There are 44 table games located throughout this city.
• Khan’s Fire Mongolian Grill is located here.
• There are nearly 500 electronic games in this gaming plaza.
Most of us are so busy walking around the casino from one game to the next that the beauty of the city often goes unnoticed. Next time you’re walking around Beijing, or any city for that matter, take a moment to look around and appreciate the intense thought that has gone into each design. We truly hope we have captured the magic of the real city and that it shines through our own version. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned until next time! What will I write about, you ask? I’m going to leave you hanging on that one!