WinStar World Casino and Resort Updates
Back in action!
Check out how we’re keeping the excitement alive while ensuring the latest safety standards.
The health and safety of our patrons, guests and employees is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and public health advancements, and we have implemented operational procedures and protocols that you need to know before you make your next trip to WinStar World Casino and Resort.
Face Coverings. All patrons and employees are required to wear protective coverings over their nose and mouth at all times.
Daily Operations. WinStar World Casino and Resort occupancy will be limited to 50% of building capacity and is open 24 hours per day. Areas of the casino will close daily from 4:00 AM to 8:00 AM to allow for deep-cleaning using electrostatic spraying techniques with EPA-certified chemicals. Other notable changes to operations include:
- Poker is opening on April 20. Read more about new procedures here.
- Table games are open. Limited seating is available at each table and games may be affected during daily deep cleanings.
- Complimentary beverage stations will not be self-serve at this time. A casino employee will serve patrons complimentary sodas and coffee from these areas.
- All valet service is suspended until further notice.
- Shuttle service is suspended until further notice.
- The Pool Bar, Resort and Casino Tower Pool are closed for the season.
- Bars at WinStar World Casino and Resort will be open 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Services. Enhanced cleaning procedures will be followed, including the use of electrostatic sprayers and EPA-certified chemicals during daily closures as well as more frequent manual disinfection processes with EPA-registered disinfectant on high-touch surfaces like door handles, railings, elevator buttons, ATMs, electronic gaming machines and other hard surfaces. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been increased and will be placed at guest and employee entrances and exits as well as high-contact areas such as reception areas, ATMs, Players Club kiosks and elevator landings.
Physical Distancing. Guests are advised to practice physical distancing leaving six feet between themselves and people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Table games have limited seating at each table. Restaurant tables, pool chairs and other layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
For more important information related to our other operational procedures, please click on any of the links below.