Maybe you’ve been to Gran Via to grab a bite, but did you know these 11 amazing facts about our biggest dining establishment?
- Our kitchen never closes. Our chefs work around the clock to prep fresh food every day.
- We get crabby— in a good way! Crab legs are our most popular food item. We serve approximately 3,000 lbs. of them every week. That’s a lot of crab, folks.
- During the dinner rush, we will have anywhere from 20-25 chefs working hard in the kitchen.
- Speaking of our employees, let’s break down the numbers, shall we?
- 76 chefs
- 62 servers
- 25 stewards
- 44 hosts/cashiers
- 21 managers
That’s a whopping total of 228 employees, all working together to deliver tasty meals to our patrons.
- Our busiest days of the week are Wednesday and Thursday. People just can’t stay away during our mid-week meals.
- We feed a lot of people. How many, you ask? Every week, we serve approximately 16,000 guests.
- There’s room for everyone. We have 156 tables with 502 seats in our dining area. That means more people can eat at one time at Gran Via than any other spot in the resort.
- There’s something for everyone. Our buffet is very vast. We have about 200 items on the buffet, making Gran Via the perfect spot for those indecisive folks.
- John McCuistion, Gran Via General Manager, has a thing for our Orange Chicken. He says that’s the best thing for a Gran Via first-timer to try out.
- We believe in dinner and a show. There are 5 live-action cooking stations at Gran Via. If you want to watch the chefs prepare your food, head to the Asian, American, Mexican, Dessert and Italian stations.
- Senior Breakfast at Gran Via is extra popular. Every Wednesday and Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., we serve 2,000 guests at the Senior Breakfast in only 4 hours.